The City of Gosnells has extended the closing date for entries to 4pm Monday 22 June 2020.
Get creative for a chance to win a $300 art supply voucher or one of six category vouchers worth $100 each, provided by the City of Gosnells and Primewest and entry is free.
This competition is a chance for people to showcase what is special about the City of Gosnells in a creative format that also highlights the artistic talent of our community.
- Junior primary school (Pre-primary – Year 3)
- Upper primary school (Years 4 – 6)
- Secondary school (Years 7 – 12)
- Non-professional / Community group
- Professional / Digital (including digitally designed prints and artist-produced artworks)
- Social Media – To enter the social category share your picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #mycityofgosnells
How to enter:
- Create a masterpiece in any art form you choose, highlighting what is special about the City of Gosnells
- Take a photo of your artwork that meets the entry criteria below
- Upload your photo and complete the online application form https://www.gosnells.wa.gov.au/Lifestyle/Leisure_Activities/Arts_and_culture/Home_Is_Where_The_Art_Is_-_Art_Competition
- To enter the Social Media category, post your picture on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #mycityofgosnells
Entries will be judged on:
- Creative composition
- Use of colour and creativity
- Artistic merit
- Individuality, boldness and humour
- Is it easy to identify that the artwork represents the City of Gosnells?
- Can you identify something about the place?
- The design can be digitally created or physically created in any medium then digitised (photographed)
- Dimensions for digitally created artwork should be 896 pixels (height) by 650 pixels (width) with a recommended minimum of 300dpi
- For photographs of artwork, a minimum of 1 megapixel using 4:3 aspect ratio is required
- For physical creations, possible ‘canvases’ include paper, floor/pavement/wall, fabric/canvas
- For physical creations, possible media includes paint, textas, mixed media, collage materials, mosaic tiles, up-cycled materials
- The design should promote a bright, positive image of the City of Gosnells
- The design should use large, bright and bold images
Entries are open to City of Gosnells residents and ratepayers or people that work or attend school within the City of Gosnells only. View the conditions of entry here.
Entries close 4pm Monday 22 June 2020
Winners will be announced on 30 June 2020.