Good afternoon Parents/Carers,
I appreciate that many families are anxious regarding COVID-19 and provide this message to assist you in being aware of the many actions the school has in place, both in response to the Department of Education as advised through The Health Department and/ or actions we have determined in support of good hygiene and minimising risk.
- Everyone arriving into Australia from overseas from midnight, Sunday 15 March, will be required to self-isolate for 14 days. The existing advice remains that parents/guardians/carers of children should ensure that any student is isolated at home and should not attend school for 14 days.
- Unwell children and staff should remain at home until symptoms resolve and seek medical assistance as required.
- As of today CPS has commenced separate year level lunch and recess times. Kindergarten, Pre-primary, Year 4 and Year 5 will have lunch at 12:30 pm. Years 1, 2, 3 and 6 will have lunch at 1:00 pm.
- Social distancing 1- 1.5 m for all staff meetings.
- All non-essential school events/ meetings will be cancelled or postponed as is determined by the principal.
The following hygiene practices are continually being reinforced:
- All students requested to wash their hands before recess and lunch. Posters displayed in classrooms and in toilets with procedures for washing hands.
- Use of hand sanitiser upon entry back to class following breaks.
- Classroom doors and a wet area door to be left open when possible.
- Staff will minimise students changing desks where possible.
- Staff have discussed with students the COVID-19 virus in terms of outlining hygiene expectations.
The following events have been cancelled as of today:
Harmony Day Parade
Year 6 School Camp – more information coming home today
Parents will be notified of any further cancellation of events as they arise.
I appreciate your support in our management of what is an unprecedented event in schools.