I am pleased to advise that following the Premier’s announcement on Friday 12 February 2021, that Campbell Primary School will return to operating under Phase 4 conditions. These are the same as what was in place for Term 4, 2020.
As we move into Phase 4 guidelines, I want to acknowledge and thank you all for the great levels of responsibility you displayed with mask wearing, social distancing and hygiene over this week.
Whilst the Premier’s announcement brings us great comfort, we all know just how quickly things can change during this pandemic, therefore, supporting our students to be familiar and comfortable with entering and exiting the school independently will greatly assist them, as at any time, we may have to move once again to Phase 3 guidelines. As such we will continue to offer drop –off and pick-up at the school gates where staff and administration will be available to welcome your child to school. We encourage parents to take advantage of this.
A reminder of Phase 4 Guidelines based on Health advice:
- Physical distancing measures apply, including one adult per two square metres (venue capacity) and maintaining 1.5 metres between adults.
- Good hygiene practices should be promoted and maintained.
- Parents/carers and visitors may access school sites, with physical distancing and good hygiene practices applied.
- School activities may operate with the ongoing promotion and practice of good hygiene principles, physical distancing of 1.5 metres between adults and adhering to the two square metre per person venue capacity rule. including:
Parent and carers are advised that you will be invited to attend assemblies when your child’s class is performing the item and/or if your child is receiving a merit certificate.
Canteen use and service
- Library access and use
- Contact sport and training. Equipment may be shared, ensuring equipment is cleaned regularly
- Interschool activities
- Incursions and excursions
- Work placements.
- Choir, music concerts, discos and performances
- Visitors and third-party providers on school sites can occur including parent/carer meetings, School Board/Council, P&C and staff meetings with regular cleaning of used areas to apply.
- Visitors on school sites should sign in as per usual protocols. This does not include drop-off and pick-up times.