Welcome back to the 2021 school year. I do hope that you all enjoyed a very restful break and found plenty of time to spend with your children, family and friends.
As you would be aware, Western Australia remains in Phase 4 of the State Government COVID-19 recovery plan. As such, our school will continue to operate under the Phase 4 Operating Guidelines. There is no Health advice that prevents parents/families from entering school grounds including classrooms, provided physical distancing of adults (1.5 metres) and good hand hygiene principles are applied.
Campbell Primary School will continue to adhere to the two square metre per person venue capacity rule, including assemblies, incursions, excursions, choir, and performances.
We appreciate your understanding and support of the school once again, during continued uncertain times.
Meeting COVID Phase 4 Guidelines
First 3 days of school:
We recognise that students and parents may be somewhat anxious at the beginning of the new year, with a change in teacher and classroom. To support a smooth transition and still follow the Phase 4 COVID guidelines, for the first 3 days of school parents will be able to drop off their child/ren inside of their allocated classroom. However, in order for us to comply with the square metre rule and social distancing requirements, we can only allow up to 6 adult visitors in the class at a time.
From Monday 1 February 2021 until Wednesday 3 February 2021 all parents will be invited to bring their child into the classroom, spend 5 minutes or so to settle their child in and then will be requested to move on to allow a further group of parents in. This arrangement will allow for all parents to have some time with their child in the class over the first few days. We do appreciate your understanding and patience with this arrangement as we ensure only 6 adult visitors are in the classrooms at a time.
Classroom doors will open for parents to drop off their child/ren in class from 8:20 am until 8:50 am. Students that are dropped off after 8:40 am will not be marked as late over the course of the first few days. The extended start time should allow for parents with more than one child time to visit each of their children’s classroom. Of course, if your child is confident to enter their classroom on their own, they can just enter their classroom from 8:25 am each morning.
In 2020 our students developed increased levels of confidence, resiliency and organisational skills. In order to further develop such independence, from Thursday of Week 1 we will continue to offer parents the option as per last year’s arrangement, where parents can continue to drop off and pick up their child/ren from the school gates. Staff once again will be at entry points to greet your child/ren. If you prefer to drop your child/ren at the classroom this is also acceptable. We do, however, remind you of the need to social distance.
Starting Thursday 4 February, 2021
Pre-primary to Year 6 students
- Parents have the option to maintain the student drop-off and pick-up at the gates, therefore allowing their child/ren to enter and exit the school grounds independently.
- School administration and educational assistants will continue to meet and greet students at drop-off and pick-up areas.
- Parents/carers that require communication with teachers are requested to organise teacher meetings at a pre-arranged time through email or Connect.
- Student drop-off should occur between 8:15 am and 8:40 am when the siren goes.
- All students that arrive before 8:25 am should assemble in the boulevard area where they will be supervised.
- Parents, students and staff will continue to adhere to social distancing requirements.
- Sanitising stations will continue to be set up in classrooms and entry points at the school.
Parents /Carers are also advised that playgrounds will continue to be out of bounds both before and after school due to cleaning regimes.
Kindergarten families’ drop-off and pick-up times will be emailed out directly to you tomorrow, Friday 29 January 2021.