For all students to have the knowledge, skills and values required to make a positive contribution to society and meet the challenges of their changing world.
To nurture the hearts and minds of all.
Respect, Resilience and Kindness.
Dream Believe Achieve.
High Quality Teaching
We are committed to ongoing excellence in teaching. Through rigorous examination of current practices and research into effective teaching we actively plan and collaborate to ensure that all staff adhere to a common shared set of beliefs and practices that deliver excellence in student learning and growth in both student achievement and progress.
At Campbell Primary School we believe effective teaching;
- Requires the establishment and maintenance of a supportive, inclusive, positive, orderly and safe learning environment.
- Encompasses the whole child and acknowledges and fosters all facets of the student and their well-being, accommodating the different needs of students.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the General Capabilities (including the use of ICT) and effectively incorporates these into teaching and learning sequences in meaningful ways, that add depth and richness to student learning.
- Follows the cyclic model of diagnostic assessment, collaborative planning based on improvement, teaching and review. It reflects current research in best practice, is evidence based and is based on analysis of current data.
- Includes clearly stated intentions, modelling, guided and independent practice, success criteria and review.
- Requires explicit, timely and ongoing feedback to all students about their learning, encouraging and supporting students to have high expectations and take responsibility for their leaning through individual goal setting and review.
Success for All Students
At Campbell Primary School we are committed to success for all students. We hold the belief that success is more than just academic achievement, it is the maximum development of a student’s intellectual, social and emotional capacities.
Campbell Primary School is committed to supporting and strengthening leadership for all, in order to develop capable and confident contributors in all aspects of the school and community.
To learn more about the quality teaching at Campbell Primary School please refer to the Teaching and Learning menu of this website.