At Campbell PS we offer students in Years 5 and 6 the opportunity to participate in our BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program. After reviewing international and national trends in education and finding an overwhelming amount of evidence supporting this program, Campbell Primary School embarked in 2016 on their own BYOD journey.
In November 2017 Campbell Primary School conducted a survey of the school community’s experience of the BYOD program. The results of the survey demonstrated strong support for the continuation of the program, which has now been endorsed again by the School Board.
The outstanding features of the program are:
- Students have one on one access to technology.
- Students can utilise online resources and programs, shifting towards self- directed learning in collaboration with peers and teachers.
- The frequent use of their own device supports familiarity and students become very competent in using their devices.
- Continuity of learning at home as the same programs can be accessed from home.
- The BYOD program complements our focus on integrating ICT into our teaching and learning programs. Students who do not participate in the BYOD program are provided with one school iPad to share with another student to ensure their access to ICT.
Devices supported by the Campbell PS infrastructure:
- Apple iPad or iPad mini
- Minimum 32 GB
- A8 or A9 chip
- iOS 11
How to Set Up Family Sharing With an Apple ID:
How to Set Parent Controls on iPads: