At Campbell Primary School we offer students in Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 the opportunity to participate in our BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) program. After reviewing international and national trends in education and finding an overwhelming amount of evidence supporting this program. This program enables students to use their own iPad to achieve enhanced access to engaging learning through the school’s wireless network.
The outstanding features of the program are:
- Students have one on one access to technology.
- Students can utilise online resources and programs, shifting towards self- directed learning in collaboration with peers and teachers.
- The frequent use of their own device supports familiarity and students become very competent in using their devices.
- Continuity of learning at home as the same programs can be accessed from home.
- The BYOD program complements our focus on integrating ICT into our teaching and learning programs. Students who do not participate in the BYOD program are provided with one school iPad to share with another student to ensure their access to ICT.
Please note that participation in the BYOD program is OPTIONAL and that you are under no obligation to provide an iPad for your child. Your child will not be disadvantaged if you decide not to participate in the BYOD program next year. They will have access to a shared iPad, one between two students.
If you choose to participate, please ensure the device purchased/brought to school conforms with the
- iPad: 6th Gen or above (no cellular access please)
- Minimum 32 GB
- A10 chip or above
- iOS 13 compatible or above
Please note that iPads are not covered by the school’s insurance. We highly recommend a protective case for the iPad, with all corners enclosed as a minimum. Students participating in the BYOD program will be required to complete a student agreement around iPad usage and responsibilities. Parents will also be asked to sign a parental agreement.
Contact AppleCare Support
Phone 1300 760237
Partnership with Parents BYOD iPad Internet Security
How to Set Up Family Sharing With an Apple ID:
How to Set Parent Controls on iPads: