A School Psychologist provides support to the school and caters for the cultural, cognitive, emotional, social and behavioural needs that impact on student learning and well being.
Support is provided through professional development, collaborative case conferencing, consultation and direct services to teachers and to students (with parental consent). The school psychologist provides support in the following areas:
Mental Health and Well Being
- Assisting the school, parents and children to maximise the development of positive mental health and well being.
- Providing support for students experiencing mental health and well being difficulties.
- Supporting the school in making the appropriate curriculum adjustments for students in order to enhance their learning outcomes.
- Conducting assessments of students experiencing learning difficulties and/or disabilities at school.
- Assisting the school by providing support to students with disabilities.
Working with students, parents and the school to identify and change target behaviours at the individual, group and systemic level.
How to Contact the School Psychologist
PHOTO OF CLAIRE TO GO HERE
Please contact Claire via email or phone if there is anything you wish to discuss to support your child’s well being and success at school.
Ph: (08) 9456 8300