The School Education Act 1999 provides for School Councils to enable parents and members of the community the opportunity to engage in activities that are in the best interests of students and enhance the education provided by the school.
Specifically, the functions of the Board are to:
1. Take part in:
- Establishing and reviewing the school’s objectives, priorities, and general policy directions.
- Financial planning to support the above.
- Evaluating the school performance in achieving the above.
- Formulating codes of conduct for students.
2. Promote the school in the community.
3. Determine, in consultation, a dress code for students.
- Contributions, charges and extra cost optional components of the school educational program.
- Items for personal use in the educational program.
- Advertising and sponsorship arrangements.
The Campbell School Council was established in 2002 and became a School Board in 2010.