Students at Campbell Primary School are offered the opportunity to participate in the merit selected gifted and Talented education PEAC program.
PEAC is a part time program for Year 5 and 6 students in public schools across Western Australia. Children are withdrawn from regular classes to attend PEAC classes.
Identified students are selected to participate in innovative and challenging programs. The PEAC program offers;
- social interaction with gifted and talented peers
- intellectual rigour and challenge
- pursuit of excellence
- development of higher order process skills
- in-depth investigations of real problems
- open-ended activities which encourage choice and negotiation
- opportunities to interact with practising experts
- students working at their own pace
- self/peer evaluation and reflection of performance.
Many PEAC students go on to apply for entry into Gifted and Talented programs in secondary schools across the state and study with gifted peers.
For further information about this program, please visit http://wwwdet.wa.edu.au/
Testing of all Year 4 students occurs in term 3 annually. Parents who do not wish for their children to be tested can opt out by contacting the school.
In the new school year a catch-up testing day will be held.