Dear parents/carers, staff and students,
We have enjoyed a very busy start to the term with many community events such as the ANZAC service, Kindy parent teddy bear picnics, parent workshops on problem solving, Mother’s Day stalls to name a few. What has been really special is to have more of our parents/carers on the school site. Please be reminded that you are most welcome on site and in classrooms and I thank you all for the support you have shown the school in following the COVID restrictions.
Furthermore, on behalf of the Campbell Primary School staff I want to let members of the community know that we are thinking of the many of you that have family or friends overseas at present and unable to return home. Our heartfelt thoughts are with you and your family in what is such a difficult time. If we as a school can support you and your children in any way, please reach out to us.
As we continue to respond to COVID guidelines I have once again listed the restrictions that remain in place until the 8 May, 2021. Answers to frequently asked questions are below.
Are parents/carers allowed on school site?
- Yes, providing they:
- wear a mask, subject to exceptions in the Face Covering Directions (No 4)8
- practise 1.5 metres physical distancing between adults, where practicable
- follow good hand and respiratory hygiene practices.
Can school canteens operate?
- Yes, school canteens can open.
- Regular cleaning will be undertaken.
Can assemblies be held?
- Yes, assemblies may go ahead.
- Parents/carers may attend on-site school events.
- Masks are required for all adults, subject to the exceptions in the Safe Transition for Western Australia Directions (No 3)13 and Face Covering Directions (No 4)8.
- Parents/carers are to maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres between adults, where possible.
- The following venue capacity limits apply:
- if the event/activity is seated in its entirety, the 100% venue capacity rule applies to adult attendees
- if the event/activity is standing only, the two square metre per adult rule applies
- if the event/activity is standing AND seated, the two square metre per adult rule applies.
Are playgrounds open?
- Yes, during the school day, however, due to the school’s cleaning of playgrounds students will not have access before or after school.
Year 6 Partnerships with Parents workshop – Wednesday 26 May, 2021 at 8:50 am.
Parents of children in Year 6 are invited to come along to hear about the plans for our graduating students in 2021. Mrs Ward has completed surveys with this group of students to determine what will make this occasion special for them. We would like to share this information with parents and garner your ideas and support in coordinating some of their wishes.
Please email Kylie Christie if you are able to make this meeting. An RSVP is required to ensure we host this meeting in the appropriate space.
Parents of students in Year 5 will also be called upon in Term 3, 2021 to share in the planning for the 2022 graduating students.
NAPLAN TESTING Year 3 and 5 only
NAPLAN testing takes place next week from Tuesday 11 May, 2021 until Friday 21 May, 2021. Staff in these year levels, Mrs Slee and Mrs Kumar have all been very busy ensuring that our ICT is working well to complete the online testing. Students are well-prepared for this testing. Parents are reminded that these tests provide us with a snapshot of student achievement and progress in Literacy and Numeracy. The tests are administered separately and provide information to support whole school planning and initiatives to focus on student improvement. The tests will run throughout the week and we ask that all students in these year levels attend school on time and every day to complete the testing.
The following works will be undertaken during the course of this term and over the school holidays in July.
- Installation of a big roof fan in the UCA – A huge thank you to our families and P&C;
- A kiss and drop car park to be installed in the Comrie Road car park, along the Pre-primary and Kindy fence side;
- Year 6 male toilets to be refurbished;
- School signage; and,
- Rejuvenation of the school’s oval.
A huge thank you to the families that have paid their voluntary contributions and we are still very much in need of parents paying their child’s contributions.
How to Make Payments
Payment of Contributions can be paid via the QKR! by MasterCard app at any time.
Payment of Contributions can also be made at the school office by cash, cheque or EFTPOS or by direct deposit into the school bank account
Campbell PS BSB 066 040 Acct No. 1990 1017
Please note child’s name in details
Progress payments are welcome and can be paid at the School Administration or by direct deposit into the school bank account (listed above).
Should you have an enquiry relating to the topic of Contributions & Charges please contact the School Administration.
P&C General Meeting
The P&C are an invaluable resource to our school with a long history of parent involvement at Campbell Primary School. The next P&C general meeting is scheduled for Monday, 10 May, 2021 @ 3:00 pm. All parents/carers are invited to attend. A crèche is available for those parents that require this for their children.
Many thanks again to the many parents that have supported the P&C already this year. There are many events coming up including the Mothers’ Day stalls and school discos. Please contact the P&C through the flyer that was sent out this week to offer a small amount of your time. Many hands make light work.