- New State-wide confidential support line goes live to help Western Australians
- Provides support for people experiencing mental health and/or alcohol and other drug use issues, and their loved ones
- Offers one-to-one contact with qualified counsellors from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm every day
- Western Australians encouraged to call 1800 here4u (1800 437 348) for assistance
The McGowan Government has launched a new telephone support line providing a single point of contact for Western Australians who are concerned about their own or another person’s mental health issues and/or alcohol and other drug use.
The ‘Here For You’ phone helpline will provide accessible and immediate mental health and alcohol and other drug use support for the people in the community who may be struggling, and will focus on individual needs.
The helpline is being staffed by qualified counsellors who can:
- listen to what is going on for you and/or the person you care about;
- provide emotional support;
- provide information about alcohol and other drug use, mental health and wellbeing;
- explore coping and relapse prevention strategies; and
- discuss options and offer information about local services.
People can call ‘Here For You’ on 1800 here4u (1800 437 348) from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm every day.