This Friday, 14 May 2021, is Walk Safely to School Day. We would love to see as many children as possible walking to school this Friday.
The objectives of Walk to School Day are;
- To encourage parents and carers to walk to school with primary age children
- To promote the health benefits of walking and create regular walking habits
- To help children develop vital road crossing skills and ensure children up to the age of 10 years are assisted when crossing the road
- To reduce car dependency and traffic congestion
- To reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles
- To promote the use of public transport
We look forward to seeing lots of families walking to school on Friday.